Started by Tinder co-founder Whitney Wolfe Herd, Bumble is a dating app where only women can make the first move. It has quickly gained popularity since its launch in 2014. According to the latest Bumble statistics, the app has the highest proportion of well educated and wealthy female users.
But what is Bumble doing differently than other dating apps? Bumble puts a lot of focus on safe dating, and it has made the dating world more fun and secure. It is these kinds of innovations that make online dating more accessible. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that 25 million people will use a dating app this year.
Here’s a list of statistics that will show you just how unique Bumble is. But first, take a look at these impressive points.
Top 10 crucial Bumble statistics
- 85% of the overall Bumble staff is female.
- Bumble has an abuse report rate of 0.008%.
- Close to 50% of Bumble users are female.
- There are more than 50 million Bumble active users.
- Bumble demographics show that 72% of its users are younger than 35.
- More than 50% of people who have used Bumble have an optimistic view of online dating.
- Bumble statistics from 2019 show that users have sent more than 3 billion messages.
- Bumble was the second most popular lifestyle app in the iOS store in 2017.
- Almost half of the users engage with the app daily and use it for 62 minutes on average.
- Every month, Bumble users swipe for matches more than 10 million times.
If you’re eager to discover more about Bumble success rate, bumble users, and the bumble dating world in general, keep reading.
Bumble App Statistics
1. 85% of the overall Bumble staff are female.
After leaving Tinder because of sexual harassment, Whitney Wolfe Herd has decided to make a dating app for feminists. That is also the reason why she decided that the vast majority of her staff should be female. Bumble always puts women in the driver’s seat when it comes to making company decisions.
2. Since 2014, Bumble has had more than 32 million downloads.
(Dating Sites Reviews)
When it comes to the best of the best, i.e., Tinder vs. Bumble, statistics reveal that in the period from January 2014 to June 2019, Tinder has had considerably more downloads (287 million). However, Bumble is still in the top 7 of the world’s most popular dating apps. It gives women total control, and they’re the only ones that can make the first move.
3. Bumble has an abuse report of 0.008%.
Statistics on Bumble users from 2019 report that by enabling women to make the first move, Bumble has almost eliminated any abuse on their platform and boasts the lowest rate in the industry. In addition to low abuse rates, Bumble has reduced the number of impostors through photo verification.
4. Bumble and its sister apps are worth more than $3 billion.
Bumble’s parent company Magic Lab, that also holds dating apps like Badoo, Chappy, and Lumen, reports that Bumble, Bumble BFF, and Bumble Bizz are worth over $3 billion.
5. Bumble stats reveal that Bumble has an annual run rate to the sum of $200 million.
Bumble has become profitable after just two years, far outpacing its competitors. Their income comes from a subscription model where some features are free, and there is an option of paying for additional services.
6. Bumble was the second most popular lifestyle app in the iOS store in 2017.
(New York Times; TechCrunch)
The first one on the list was Tinder. However, with resources from Badoo, which owns 79% of Bumble, the company has all the possibilities to grow and compete with the world’s top dating apps.
Statistics for Bumble Users
7. Close to 50% of Bumble users are female.
Research reveals that 46.2% of the overall Bumble users are women exceeding the number of female users on Tinder, Match, and POF. However, Christian Mingle holds the number one spot with 58.6% of female users, while Coffee Meets Bagel and eHarmony follow with just a bit over 50%.
8. There are more than 50 million Bumble active users.
As the Bumble facts reveal, the company wants to be at the forefront of encouraging women to make connections. It seeks to empower women to take the initiative in all aspects of their lives – romantic, social, and business.
9. Bumble demographics show that 72% of Bumble users are younger than 35.
When it comes to the Bumble age range, statistics show that 91% of their users are older than 22 and have at least a bachelor’s degree. In just two short years, the company has flourished. Bumble stats show the app has grown from 1 million users in 2015 to over 12 million users in 2017, proving that young and educated people appreciate safe online dating.
10. More than 50% of people who have used Bumble have an optimistic view of online dating.
Moreover, 72% of surveyed dating apps users believe romances that start online can be equal, or even more successful than relationships that take off traditionally.
11. Bumble statistics from 2019 report that its users have sent more than 3 billion messages.
Women initiated the conversations according to the company’s “women first” motto. Just in the first two years, users have sent more than 3 billion messages, tearing down the stigma of online dating.
12. Almost half of the users engage with the app daily and use it for 62 minutes on average.
Statistics reveal that 49% of its users use the app daily. Bumble allows you to detail personal statistics as well, which additionally enhances its user experience. Such UX perks make people use the app more often and for more extended periods. In comparison, Tinder users spend an average of 35 minutes on the app every day. Furthermore, the research has also revealed that men spend more time engaging with dating apps.
Bumble Match Statistics
13. Every month, Bumble users swipe for matches over 10 million times.
(How-To Apps; Bumble)
In March 2017, the Bumble match rate was through the roof, as the number of matches hit the 800 million mark. According to a recent Bumble survey, 25% of matched users went on their first date over one month. Since then, the app usage and user base have grown even more, and there is no sign of slowing down.
14. According to the Bumble marriage rate, there have been more than 20,000 marriages between people who have met on Bumble.
With more than 50 million users in over 150 countries, it comes as no surprise that Bumble is responsible for so many marriages. Moreover, statistics reveal that there are 6,000 Bumble babies, which only goes to show that dating apps can help you find the love of your life.
15. As the Bumble app facts state, 85% of Bumble users are looking for a marriage or a relationship.
Bumble is very proud of the fact that they are an app for dating and not hookups. 40% of American college students believe that the app is perfect for dating, while Tinder is better for just hooking up with someone. On the other hand, 54% of students believe that the two apps are practically the same.
16. Bumble statistics reveal that over 10% of users pay a monthly subscription.
A small number of users pay $9.99 every month to get some extra perks, like more time to decide whether they’re interested in someone, see who has liked them, undo accidental swipes or re-match with an expired connection.
What is the average age of Bumble users?
The majority of Bumble users spreading the word about the app are between 25 and 34 years old. Additionally, there are more men than women on the app.
Are online dating statistics successful?
Marriages statistics reveal that 17% start with online dating. Conversely, one in every five relationships begins online. These numbers will most likely grow since the world is becoming accustomed to online dating.
How can you tell when someone was last on Bumble?
Bumble has also found a great way to deter stalkers, as there is no way to check when someone has used the app. Pretty neat, huh? However, you can still see when the person you’re interested in makes any updates to their profile.
Is Bumble a safe dating app?
(Brit + Co)
The main intention of Bumble founders was to create a safe place for women and give them all the control. With the lowest abuse report rate, Bumble is one of the most reliable dating platforms.
Finding love in the modern era is complicated and can take away too much time. Luckily enough, dating apps are abundant for anything from a casual fling to a hopefully happy marriage. We hope that these Bumble statistics have shown you that finding love online is possible.