There are plenty of factors, such as hormones and chemistry, that set a person up for satisfying, steamy sex. However, if you were wondering about other factors that not many people are openly talking about, then relax, because, in this article, we will be presenting you the hottest scoop on the average penis size you were dying to find out but were too hesitant or shy to ask.
However, keep in mind that penis size is not something that will make or break a good relationship. Just think about it: Is penis size the most important thing when two hetero dudes are bonding? Probably not. Not only that, but a survey from 2015 on 52,031 heterosexual women and men found that a whopping 85% of ladies were completely satisfied with the size of their partner’s tool. Nevertheless, here is everything you need to know on the matter.
Disclaimer: It was challenging to compile a list of statistics on this topic due to the contradictory information and biased research found on the internet. Hence, we suggest keeping an open mind when reading some of these statistics.
Top 10 Facts and Stats on the Average Penis Size
- The average penis is 3.61 inches long when flaccid and 5.16 inches long when erect.
- Congolese men have the largest penis length in the world at 7.1 inches.
- North Korean men come last in penis size at 3.8 inches.
- Only 2.28% of men have an abnormally small penis.
- The title of the most “well-hung continent” goes to South America with an average of 6.36 inches.
- According to facts on the average penis size per country, Australian men claim an average of 7.09 inches, while Australian women report that the truth is closer to 5.58 inches.
- The average penile length in America is 5.57 inches erect, while the penile circumference is 4.81 inches.
- The average length of the penis in the US is the smallest in Delaware at 5.22 inches.
- Women who experience vaginal orgasms prefer penises that are longer.
- Smoking cigars can reduce the length of the penis by almost a half-inch.
Average Penis Size Around the World
1. Globally, the average penis is 3.61 inches long when flaccid and 5.16 inches long when erect.
Furthermore, according to a systematic review by BJUI that analyzed the results of 17 different studies about penis size in various countries, the girth of an average flaccid penis is 3.66 inches, while 4.59 is the average for an erect penis. The study participants totaled over 15,000 men.
2. Facts on the average male penis size reveal that the length of a flaccid penis is not a predictor of the length of an erect penis.
In other terms, according to a Journal of Urology study, men can have erections that are of similar size but still have flaccid penises of different sizes. Experts recommend measuring the penis from its top to the tip of the glans. When it comes to girth, measure the penis around the middle of the shaft or its base.
3. According to myths, on average, Congolese men are believed to have the largest penis length in the world at 7.1 inches.
Biased statistics on the average penis size by country conducted by Mandatory revealed that men from the Democratic Republic of Congo are believed to have the largest penises, preceded by men from Ecuador (6.9 inches), Ghana (6.8 inches), Colombia (6.7 inches), and Venezuela (6.7 inches). However, according to Daily Dot, the data presented in the infographic is not only based on racist research, but also uses flawed methodology.
4. The same biased survey claims that North Korean men come last in penis size, at 3.8 inches.
The same biased and racist survey by Mandatory also displayed countries with less endowed men. The dubious infographic reveals that, on average, South Korean men come in at 4.3 inches, Chinese men at 4.3 inches, Indian men at 4 inches, Taiwanese men at 4.2 inches, and men from Iran at 4.6 inches. As we have mentioned before, the Mandatory survey is racist and flawed. However, we believe it was interesting to include in this article as it provides an insight into what racist research claims to be true.
5. According to myth, the average penis size in Japan is 5.3 inches.
According to questionable stats by the Tokyo Reporter, the penis of an average Japanese man is 5.3 inches in length and 4.3 inches in girth. If the results of the survey are accurate, then Japanese men rank the highest on the Asian continent when it comes to penis size. However, the previously mentioned prejudiced Mandatory survey claims that Japanese men are closer to 4.3 inches.
6. Only 2.28% of men have an abnormally small penis.
The study on the average penis length conducted by British researchers also revealed that the same percentage goes for men with unusually large penises. Most importantly, the experts did not find evidence for race-related penis-size differences.
7. The title of the most “well-hung continent” goes to South America with an average of 6.36 inches, according to the results of the biased survey.
(Daily Dot; Inquirer.net)
This list includes countries such as Brazil (6.3 inches), Argentina (5.9 inches), Colombia (6.7 inches), Peru (6.3 inches), Chile (5.7 inches), Ecuador (6.9 inches), Bolivia (6.5 inches), Venezuela, and others. Once more, the results of the Mandatory survey are based on dubious research, so we suggest keeping an open mind.
8. Stats on the average penis size in Africa reveal that the West African countries with the most well-endowed men (after Congo) are Angola, Cameroon, Nigeria, and Burkina Faso with an average of 6.3 inches.
Furthermore, Northern African countries such as Morocco, Algeria, Libya, and Egypt come in at an average of 5.11 inches. Countries in the East of Africa, such as Eritrea, Somalia, and Ethiopia, also come in at 5.11 inches. Other countries such as Kenya, Zambia, Gambia, and Senegal are closer to an average of 5.82 inches.
9. The average penis length in the United Kingdom is 3.7 inches when flaccid and 5.1 inches when erect.
These numbers were presented by researchers at University College London after analyzing the penis length of a total of 104 men (teens and elderly citizens included). The experts also found that the old wives’ tale of checking the man’s shoe size to determine the size of their private member is false.
10. Australian men claim they average 7.09 inches, while Australian women report that the truth is closer to 5.58 inches.
According to a Daily Mail survey that examined the average penis size on the Australian continent, Aussie men are the most prone to exaggeration. On the other hand, Canadian men are the most likely to be honest, claiming that they average 0.11 inches more than Canadian women claim they do, at 6.95 inches.
11. According to largely self-reported data, Hungary, France, and the Czech Republic are the countries with the largest penises in Europe.
Hungary comes in at an average of 6.5 inches, followed by France with 6.2 inches, and the Czech Republic with 6.2 inches. The European countries with the smallest average include Romania with 5 inches and Portugal with 5.19 inches. Keep in mind that the data presented by Bulgarian designer Yanko Tsvetkov is possibly inaccurate, and as Tsvetkov himself claims, mostly self-reported.
Average Penis Size in the US
12. On average, the penile length in America is 5.57 inches erect, while the penile circumference is 4.81 inches.
(Boston Medical Group)
These numbers are slightly bigger than the ones featured in the BJUI report, but it is believed that this is because people self-reported the measurements. According to Dr. Justin Lehnmiller, the editor and founder of Sex and Psychology, the issue with the method of self-report is that men will likely exaggerate or lie.
13. The average penis size in the US is the smallest in Delaware at 5.22 inches.
Furthermore, the same statistics reveal that the average self-reported penis size in New Mexico comes in at 5.36 inches, followed by Maryland at 5.50 inches. Also, states such as Georgia and Rhode Island claim to be around the average of 5.69 and 5.83 inches.
14. When sexual partners ask about their penis size, men from Delaware claim that their private member is 1.3 inches longer than the average.
Stats on the average penis size in America reveal that men in Delaware lie the most when it comes to the size of their privates. Men from Louisiana follow, as they told their dates that their penis is 0.92 inches longer than it actually is.
Interesting Penis Size Facts
15. Women who experience vaginal orgasms prefer penises that are longer.
According to the findings of a study presented at the Association for Psychological Science in San Francisco, girth is what matters for one-time sexual partners, and not length. However, for long-term relationships, the length is more important.
16. Facts on the above–average penis size reveal that erect penises of gay men can be third-of-an-inch longer than the penises of heterosexual men.
According to the results of a study found in the journal Archives of Sexual Behavior, gay men are more well-hung than their straight counterparts. According to the experts, this might be explained by the difference in prenatal hormones that may have an effect on the size and the structure of the genitalia. However, keep in mind that the penis size was completely self-reported.
17. Facts on the average penis size claim that smoking cigars can reduce the length of the penis by almost a half-inch.
Not only does smoking cause cancer and other fatal diseases, but it can also potentially shrink a man’s penis in length. According to experts, this shrinkage is caused by damaged blood vessels. Irwin Goldstein, the director of San Diego Sexual Medicine and M.D., adds that smoking can also damage the tissue of the penis, preventing it from stretching.
18. Having your penis stretched for around 4-6 hours, for a total of 4 months, can add inches to it, according to average penis size facts.
If you can deal with the so-called “traction method,” then you are in luck, as experts claim that it can add an average of 0.9 inches in length (when flaccid). The study that involves the method of a penile extender to stretch the penis was published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.
19. Your penis may shrink as you get older.
According to the facts on the average penis length, this shrinkage is due to the buildup of fatty deposits in the arteries that, in turn, reduce the blood flow to the penis. Eventually, it causes the withering of the muscle cells in the erectile tissue tubes that are located in the inside portion of the penis.
20. In ancient times, men with big penises were considered lustful and foolish, according to funny average penis size facts.
If you were wondering why the statues of great male figures of antiquity were depicted with modest-sized penises, it is because larger private parts were associated with lustfulness and foolishness. On the flip side, the perfect Greek man was intellectual, authoritative, and rational, thus the smaller penis.
Even though it’s easy to say, at the end of the day, the size of a man’s tool should be the last thing that matters. If you’re a guy reading this, then you are probably close to the average penis size anyway. Even though the social media world we live in heavily focuses on physical attraction, we believe that mental health is just as important – or even more important – for intimate relationships and overall happiness. Once again, we would like to highlight the fact that some of the data presented in this article is biased, racist, and should be taken with a grain of salt.